A responsive website has a distinct advantage over a traditional non-responsive website. Non-responsive websites are not easy to navigate and do not create a good user experience, or may work on mobile devices, but are not easy to navigate and can frustrate site visitors.
Below are some items to keep in mind when building a mobile responsive site:
- Smartphone Use is Growing at an Exponential Rate – Over 58% of American adults own a smartphone and almost 60% of all website traffic is from mobile devices. If your website is not mobile friendly, then more than half of your site visitors could be having a poor experience with your website and your brand. This means that visitors are not likely to find what they are looking for and their experience is unpleasant, and thus they won’t likely stay on your site.
- Responsive Sites are SEO Friendly – According to Google, responsive websites will rank higher in search results because they provide a better user experience than sites that are not mobile friendly.
- Using One Site Vs. Multiple Sites – Have you ever noticed that some websites have an “m” before their domain name when you visit it on your mobile device? This means that the website has two sites – one that works on desktops and one that works on mobile phones and tablets.This means that you have to make changes to multiple websites, which is time consuming and leaves room for error. This is also bad for SEO. When Google has to crawl multiple domains for each device, it’s ranking your inbound links and authority in multiple places. That means you’re maintaining SEO value across multiple domains, which spreads out the SEO links and authority you’re trying to optimize for.
- Shopping Via Mobile Phone Continues to Rise – How many times have you been in a store and wanted to check a competing price? If the price is better, you may want to order it right then and there on your mobile phone. 80% of consumers regularly use their smartphones to shop online. And 70% of shoppers now use mobile phones while in stores during the holidays. It is imperative that your products and services are easy to view from a phone.
- Social Media Increases Mobile Visitors – Over half of all social media consumption is done on mobile phones.This means that when links to your website are shared via social media,people will be viewing your website from mobile devices.
Robb Digital Marketing specializes in responsive website design. Every website we build is responsive and will look great on any device. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.